This recipe is probably one of those for “omnivores to convince” 😉
Make it then…toast bread, spread some vegan mayonnaise/tomato sauce/guacamole, lettuce, tomatoes and THIS coconut bacon…and I think everyone will enjoy! It’s easy to make and doesn’t take long.
Preheat oven at 180°C while you mix all these ingredients together:
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon of tamari sauce
- 1/3 tablespoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of liquid smoke
- 3/4 tablespoon of date syrup or maple syrup
Mix well and spread the flakes on the parchment paper. Bake for 12 minutes, flipping halfway, until flakes are mostly dry and turning golden on the edges. Let it cool (you can also freeze it)… Bon appetit!