Best food combinations to maximise your energy! – 80/10/10 –
This is based on my personal experiences with food/nutrition/sport and I am doing better when I am eating this way. I’m not saying that you HAVE to eat this way, I just share with you a way to maximise your energy with easier digestion….
Wherever I stay, I always bring this to put on my kitchen closets/shelves to check and do the right combo. Eat the energy you want to become.
Basically, what are we talking about in terms of foods? 80/10/10 works out easily and naturally if your calories break down approximately as follows: 90 to 97% from sweet and nonsweet fruits 2 to 6% from tender, leafy greens and celery 0 to 8% from everything else (other vegetables like cabbage and broccoli, plus fatty fruits, nuts, and seeds) You can generally accomplish this with two or three large fruit meals during the day, plus a large salad in the evening. Fruit predominates heavily, yet you consume as many greens as you like.
The information contained in The 80/10/10 Diet is provided for your general information only. It is not intended as a substitute for any treatment that may have been prescribed by your doctor. Dr. Douglas Graham does not give medical advice or engage in the practice of medicine. Under no circumstances does Dr. Graham recommend particular treatment for specific individuals, and he recommends in all cases that you consult your physician or a qualified practitioner before pursuing any course of treatment or making any changes to your diet or medications. — Douglas N. Graham, DC
Over and over again, I hear people saying they’ve tried “everything” to lose weight—low fat, high fat, low carb, high carb, low protein, high protein, all kinds of pills, shots, powders, and shakes—you name it and they say they’ve tried it. The main cause of their failure is misinformation. There are reasons for each of these dietary failures. What they were told was “low fat,” usually 30%, actually is not low fat at all, and they have no idea how to get to an effective low-fat 10% as described in this book. High-fat diets can be dangerous and put you at risk for the diseases that most Westerners die from prematurely. Low-carb diets are also dangerous, and most people have no idea that the ideal diet consists of 80% carbs.
But, it must be the right carbs.
FRUITS ARE CARBS – FRUITS ARE FAST FOOD
Other Fundamental Elements of Health
Are You Thriving or Surviving?
Rate yourself, from zero to ten, in each of the following areas.
1. Clean, fresh air
2. Pure water
3. Foods for which we are biologically designed
4. Sufficient sleep
5. Rest and relaxation
6. Vigorous activity
7. Emotional poise and stability
8. Sunshine and natural light
9. Comfortable temperature
10. Peace, harmony, serenity, and tranquility
11. Human touch
12. Thought, cogitation, and meditation
13. Friendships and companionship
14. Gregariousness (social relationships, community)
15. Love and appreciation
16. Play and recreation
17. Pleasant environment
18. Amusement and entertainment
19. Sense of humor, mirth, and merriment
20. Security of life and its means
21. Inspiration, motivation, purpose, and commitment
22. Creative, useful work (pursuit of interests)
23. Self-control and self-mastery
24. Individual sovereignty
25. Expression of reproductive instincts
26. Satisfaction of the aesthetic senses
28. Positive self-image and sense of self-worth
29. Internal and external cleanliness
31. Music and all other arts
32. Biophilia (love of nature)